Sunday, July 03, 2005

Days with hair


Ah.. smiling with freedom!













My younger bro and me














My younger brother's sis and me. Hahaha... not funny.


I kinda miss my hair, these photos are all taken from the malacca retreat. Heard a rumour from people, do you know why we have to cut botha hairstyle before we go in to ns? That's because we will lose our confident when we are botha, we will lose our pride and everything.

Even myself find it hard to understand this kind of saying but I remember a incident, I grew up in a gangster enviroment as I was a Normal Tech student in my secondary school days. There was this handsome beng (gangster), very daring, very confident, like to keep his hair long, he won't cry no matter how many times my discipline master caned him. To him public caning is nothing and because of this he always misbehave himself in school but one day, my discipline master caught him not keeping his hair short and he cut a hole in his hair... guess what? He cried for the first time.

So funny... You might be thinking, the true reasons for botha rules in ns are

1. So that we can be fast, no need to care about our hair appearance

2. So that we will all look the same

if that's the case, then why my senior are allowed to keep their hair? They work as a squad too! One more thing, whats the point of make us all the same? To make them harder to regconise who is who? (They really can't regconise the IC they apointed at the first day) One more question... why they cut all prisoners botha? So that they will all look the same too? What's the point right? It will only increase more troubles for themselve.

Once we lose our pride, confident and everything... we will be humble and after they let us have this kind of mentality, after that... even if we are not botha, but we will still be the old botha infront of our superior.

It's a psychology thing... I think.

No comments: